Baffin Business Development Corporation (BBDC)
- BBDC application – English, Inuktitut
- Client Information Checklist
- Application for Financial Assistance
Kitikmeot Community Futures Incorporated (KCFI)
Kivalliq Business Development Centre (KBDC)
For more information please contact them by phone at (867)645-2126 or toll free 888-645-2126, fax (867)645-4546
Department of Community and Government Services
- Community Development Fund Application form
- CDF Contribution Guidelines
- Nunavummi Nangminiqaqtunik Ikajuuti (NNI) application
Department of Culture, Language, Elders and Youth
Department of Economic Development & Transportation
In the Department of Economic Development & Transportation they put people first, helping to build healthy communities and the infrastructure they need to link to each other, to the rest of Canada, and to the world. This way they will help achieve their primary goal – to ensure Nunavummiut participate fully – in the benefits of economic growth. To get copies of all funding applications go to the following link provided.
Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC)
Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) has the northern regional development mandate under the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development Act, to undertake, promote and recommend policies and programs for the economic development of the three territories. INAC carries out this responsibility, which is distinct from its Aboriginal mandate, through the Northern Affairs Program Organization. Programming is of general application and aligns with the policy framework guiding regional economic development nationally. You can visit the link provided below to get to most recent funding applications.
- Community Economic Opportunities Program funding
- Strategic Investments in Northern Economic Development Program funding
Nunavut Business Credit Corporation
What does the Kakivak Association do?
Helps train Inuit to start up, manage and expand their own businesses.
- Funds training programs that lead to jobs for Baffin Inuit.
- Provides wage subsidies to help employers hire Baffin Inuit.
- Assists childcare centres with funding and logistical support.
- Supports youth and disabled people with wage subsidy and job creation programs.
- Looks after the Economic Opportunities Fund for communities near national parks in the Baffin Region
Kitikmeot Economic Development Commission (KEDC)
KEDC is the economic development arm of the Kitikmeot Inuit Association, and serves beneficiaries of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement in the Kitikmeot region of Nunavut, Canada.
Kivalliq Partners in Development (KPID)
KPID is the economic development arm of the Kivalliq Inuit Association, and serves the beneficiaries of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement in the Kivalliq region of Nunavut, Canada.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org.